CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following terms and conditions apply. By entering the competition offered by Murdoch University, entrants accept these terms and conditions.
- Entry in the competition is limited to West Australian high school students enrolled in Year 10 or Year 11 for the 2017 academic year.
- A competitor may submit a maximum of 1 entry per category.
- All entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com before 8pm on Friday,6 October 2017. All entries must be accompanied by a completed and signed entry application form which can be downloaded from the Mesh at Murdoch Awards website.
- All applications forms must be accompanied by two signed endorsements for the entry to be eligible. The forms must be signed by both: 1) the entrant’s parent or guardian; and 2) a teacher or official representative of the entrant’s high school.
- Each submission entered must be in the name of one person Should the entry win, this designated person will be awarded the relevant prize, and may be contacted regarding publicity.
- Entries must have been made between 1 January 2017 and 6 October 2017.
- All submissions must not include another person’s copyright material. An entry containing work that is in breach of copyright law will render that entry void.
- All submissions must represent the work of those referred to in clause 1 above.
- Entrants may submit multiple versions of a single entry provided that any subsequent version is submitted prior to 8pm,6 October 2017. The last version to be submitted and received before the closure date is the version Murdoch University will judge. No subsequent versions will be accepted after the competition close date.
- Murdoch University reserves the right to redesignate entries it believes have been improperly placed in a category, to a more appropriate one.
- Murdoch University may use any film submitted for entry (or an excerpt thereof) for teaching purposes and to promote the competition to the public by whatever means it sees fit. This includes online, print and multimedia. Murdoch University retains this right indefinitely despite the film having been entered into additional competitions.
- The Golden Mesh winner MUST be willing to participate in promotional activity arranged by Murdoch University. Entry in the competition is deemed as accepting this obligation.
- All decisions of Murdoch University and its judges are final.
- All prizes are non-transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Category winners will be notified by email and/or phone on Thursday, 10 November, 2017.
- The winner of the Golden Mesh Award will be announced at the Murdoch Media Showcase Evening on Wednesday, 6 December 2017.
- You must agree to these terms and conditions when submitting an entry.
The winner of each category will receive a $50 JB HiFi Gift Card and Certificate of Excellence on behalf of Murdoch University School of Arts. Winners will be selected by a School of Arts academic who specialises in the specific category entered. Winners will be judged on skill and creativity, and will need to meet the criteria set out in the category details section.
JB HiFi Gift Card Terms and Conditions:
- Gift Cards entitle the holder to goods/services equal to the value stated on the card or remaining after partial redemption.
- Gift Cards only redeemable within any JB Hi-Fi Store in Australia and online retail stores (including JB Hi-Fi NOW) but are not redeemable for JB Hi-Fi Direct Import goods or goods purchased from JB Hi-Fi Commercial (including goods purchased from JB Hi-Fi Commercial websites).
- Gift Cards may not be exchanged (wholly or partly) for cash.
- The value shown on this card includes GST.
- Gift Cards are partially redeemable and any unused balance will remain on the Card and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the Card holder’s order exceeds the amount of the Gift Card, the Card holder will be required to pay for the difference in price between the value of the Gift Card and the retail price of the goods or services.
- Gift Cards expire 24 months from the date of issue.
- Should JB Hi-Fi suspect any fraud relating to a Gift Card, JB Hi-Fi may refuse to redeem the Card until JB Hi-Fi is satisfied that no fraud has occurred.
- JB Hi-Fi is not liable for any lost/stolen Gift Cards. Please contact a JB Hi-Fi store immediately if your Card has been lost/stolen. Lost/stolen Cards can only be replaced if satisfactory proof of purchase is provided and the Card has not been redeemed.
Golden Mesh Prize
The winner of the Golden Mesh Award will receive a $500 Visa gift card, and personalised 2017 Golden MESH trophy on behalf of Murdoch School of Arts.
$500 Load and Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card
The Load&Go Visa Prepaid Gift Card (‘Card’) is issued by Heritage Bank Limited ABN 32 087 652 024 AFSL 240984 Australian Credit Licence 240984 (‘Issuer’). The Issuer can be contacted at PO Box 190, Toowoomba, QLD 4350, and phone 13 14 22. Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 is the distributor of the Card and is responsible for providing various cardholder services. The full terms and conditions can be found at http://auspost.com.au/money-insurance/load-and-go-gift-card-terms.html
The winner will be selected by the MESH judging panel made up of industry academics and professionals.
The Golden Mesh Awards winner will be selected by the MESH judging panel as having exhibited significant understanding and skill in producing creative content in an area of media. The winning entry will demonstrate a sophisticated level of creativity, thought, and originality. The winner of the Golden Mesh Award will be announced at the Murdoch Media Showcase Evening on December 6 2017.
The entrant agrees to indemnify Murdoch University and its respective successors, assignees, licensees, and its respective officers, directors, members, agents and employees and hold them harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees) and penalties arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of a breach by a entrant of any statement, representation or warranty made by the entrant in the entry form, including a breach of the copyright warranty below, these procedures and regulations or arising from any negligence whatsoever of the entrant or for any claims whatsoever arising from their submission.
Copyright considerations are the entrant’s responsibility. The competitor must own copyright in all aspects of their submission and hereby assigns the copyright to Murdoch University for the purposes of promotion. Material which has been created by other persons (including, but not limited to photography, stills, footage or music) must have the appropriate copyright free status or permission from the copyright holder. If the entrant’s submission includes recognisable images of individuals, then permission must be obtained from each individual. Permission must be obtained from the parent/guardian of individuals recognised in any filmed or photographic work if they are less than 18 years of age. Information provided by the entrant may be used by Murdoch University for promotional/publicity purposes.
The deliberations of the MESH judging panel at Murdoch University remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final. No correspondence will be entered into on such matters.