The Bachelor of Creative Media in Graphic Design at Murdoch University is an industry focused program that integrates innovative design strategy with practical skills for a range of print and digital media contexts.
Why you should study Graphic Design At Murdoch
- you will learn from industry professionals
- you will get your hands dirty studying what you love from 1st year, there is no Foundation year.
- the world of graphic design is changing and you can no longer rely solely on print skills, that’s why digital and print design skills are central to this course
- design strategy and new forms of design like interaction design, service design and information architecture are an important part of the course as well
- you will be treated like a person, not a number, our student to lecturer ratio is small
- you will get a design job like lots of our graduates, so long as you work hard
- you will work with real-world clients from 2nd year
- you can also work as part of a team in our MESH student consultancy that helps you work with clients throughout your study
- you can study a double major like Photography and Graphic Design, or Web Communication and Graphic Design, or Games Art and Design and Graphic Design. (Double majors cost the same as single degree from other uni’s and take the same amount of time but you will graduate will twice as many skills)
- you will develop a portfolio and understand how to promote yourself
- you can also choose to apply for our competitive Internships or Work placements program with local graphic design companies, or even do an internship through one of our international partnership universities like Salzburg University (the no1 design university in Austria).
Graphic Design Staff
Dr Mark Cypher
Senior Lecturer- Artist, Freelance Designer/Consultant (BoxCudos.com)
Art Director, Graphic Designer – (Mako Media)
Art Director, Graphic Designer- Forge Creative (Forgecreative.com.au)