Graphic Design at Murdoch University
About Graphic Design
The Bachelor of Creative Media in Graphic Design at Murdoch University is all about embracing transformative thinking. We tackle complex challenges by harnessing cutting-edge design methodologies and the power of artificial intelligence to untangle complex client issues by exploring relationships, structures, and broader perspectives.
While our curriculum respects the rich traditions of the design field and adheres to industry best practices, we are unafraid to pioneer new approaches. We are poised to reshape the Graphic Design industry by capitalizing on technological advancements like AI and user experience (UX) design, all while making a profound impact on the world. As part of this program, you’ll become the next wave of design innovators, ready to conquer the rapidly evolving global design landscape and leave a positive mark.
” The graphic design course provided extensive practical experience, which gave me a comprehensive understanding of how to work with real-world clients.
The course also teaches broader forms of design, including web, print and service design, which gave me a wide scope of skills and made me eligible for various job opportunities.”
Digital Media Adviser
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
“I am delighted to express how the Graphic Design course at Murdoch has been pivotal in shaping my career. Through real-world projects, I honed my abilities and built a compelling portfolio, which played a pivotal role in securing great job opportunities. This course has truly been a stepping stone to my success in the world of design.”
Why you should study Graphic Design At Murdoch
- You will learn from industry professionals.
- There is no Foundation year.
- Learn a mixture of print, digital and service design skills.
- UX/digital skills are 60% of a graphic designer’s skillset- it’s the same for our course.
- Our student-to-lecturer ratio is small.
- You’re more likely to get a job like lots of our graduates.
- You will work with real-world clients from
- Work in teams in our on-campus MESH consultancy.
- We offer all kinds of Internships or Work Placements
- Study our Graduate Diploma in Design Thinking and Service Innovation.
- You will develop a real-world client-based portfolio.
” There was so much to learn in the Graphic Design course, from website development to brand campaigns for real clients, that I gained enough to go down any pathway I desired once I finished university. Since completing my Graphic Design degree at Murdoch University, I have achieved two great job opportunities.”
Brittney De Gouveia
Digital Graphic Designer
Liquor Barons Co-Operative
“The graphic design course integrated design strategy with practical skills, applying them in a range of different processes and contexts. Working with real people on real projects ultimately prepared me in the best possible way for life and work after graduating.”
Thomas la Verghetta
The West Australian