The Bachelor of Creative Media in Graphic Design is an industry focused program that integrates innovative design strategy with practical skills for a range of print, digital media and service-contexts. Taught by staff with extensive industry experience, the course promotes design thinking and provides a strong work-related learning experience that prepares students for a range of print (branding and publication design), digital (web, mobile app,) human centred design (user experience and service design) sectors.
Why you should study Graphic Design At Murdoch
- you will learn from industry professionals
- you will get your hands dirty studying what you love from 1st year, there is no Foundation year.
- the world of graphic design is changing and you can no longer rely solely on print skills, that’s why digital skills like web and app design and design thinking and service design are also important.
- design strategy and new forms of design like user experience design, design thinking and service design are an important part of the course
- you will be treated like a person, not a number, our student to lecturer ratio is small
- you will get a design job like lots of our graduates, so long as you work hard
- you will work with real-world clients from 2nd year
- you can also work as part of a team in our MESH student consultancy that helps you work with clients throughout your study
- you can study a double major like Photography and Graphic Design, or Strategic Communication and Graphic Design, or Games Art and Design and Graphic Design. (Double majors cost the same as a single degree and take the same amount of time as a normal degree but you will graduate with twice as many skills)
- you will develop a real-world client bassed portfolio and understand how to promote yourself
- you could put yourself ahead of the pack and choose to study a 4th yr, Graduate Diploma in Design Thinking and Service Innovation.
- you can also choose to apply for our competitive Internships or Work placements program with local graphic design companies, or even do an internship through one of our international partner universities like Salzburg University (the number one design university in Austria).
Read about how How is Graphic Design at Murdoch University different from other courses?
Read about how does the Graphic Design course at Murdoch uses real clients in the classroom?
Graphic Design Staff
Dr Mark Cypher
Senior Lecturer- Artist, Freelance Designer/Consultant (BoxCudos)
Art Director, Graphic Designer – (Mako Media)