The organisation, ME/CFS & LYME is the only WA registered charity and non for profit organisation for the past 20 years for both diseases of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme disease. ME/CFS & LYME did not have a current website, their old website was decommissioned in September 2016 due to technical difficulties. The organisation needed a new website that was easy for staff to update and re-engage preexisting users.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Public Facing Goals
- To generate new memberships for the organisation.
- To generate new supporters of the organisation through donations and volunteers.
- To re-engage existing members and supporters of the organisation.
- To provide news and information in order to remain relevant and the peak WA “goto” body for the relevant illnesses.
Internal Website Goals
- To create a WordPress theme that is user friendly and easy to updateaccording to events and information that comes up.
- To enable the ability to customise content as the organisation seesfit without restrictions in theme coding.
The project had two main objectives, making the website easily customisable and editable for the organisation’s staff while keeping the design user friendly
The Design and Development Process
Each team member developed their own design based on the wireframes and chosen mood board. The design went through a peer review process and each iteration was tweaked over several weeks.
Dear Murdoch Uni Website Team (Jordan, Melissa, Ross),
Thank you so very much for showing us a preview of our new website. A lot of hard work went into it and we really appreciate all the time that you took to design and code our new site. The site looks nice and professional, and we are excited to soon have handover and have our organisation website back online again so that we can start providing information to the patient community. We can now easily add new content and photos to it without any hassles over the coming months and years. This is a great improvement on our old website.
I am so happy that the three of you were our student designers, as you have all been an absolute pleasure to work with on this project. You were all fantastic at our in-person meetings throughout this project – very professional, happy, friendly, and great listeners. I think the three of you will do very well working with clients in future, and am very appreciative that the three of you were the students that we got to work with.
Once again, thank you so very much.
On behalf of ME/CFS and Lyme Association of WA, Inc.